Zooey Deschanel's mod wardrobe on “New Girl”
February 15, 2012
I believe it was back in 2006 when I watched “Failure to Launch” that I originally fell in love with Zooey Deschanel. I watched the film because I'm an SJP fan, but I quickly realized that Zooey's character was the only saving grace in that movie.
Now I'm addicted to her show on FOX, “New Girl,” both for the quirky comedic element, and her adorable (coined “adorkable” by FOX) style. Zooey dresses adorably in real life as well, but I am so drawn to her mod style on “New Girl.”
Zooey's character, Jess, is known for her pleats, stripes, bright colors, and mini dresses. She's got me thinking vintage and taking fashion risks. Vintage and retro sites like Modcloth are the perfect place to shop in order to copy her style. Here are some items I would fully expect to find Zooey and Jess in (many inspired by the looks above) – what would you wear?
1. Stripe Up the Band Sweater, $32.99, Modcloth.com
2. Poinsettia the Way Jacket, $49.99, Modcloth.com
3. Carla Fit and Flare Ponte Dress, $24.90, Alloy.com
4. Polite and Day Dress, $44.99, Modcloth.com
5. Lemongrass Is Always Greener Jacket, $74.99, Modcloth.com
6. H&M striped cardigan, $14.95, H&M.com
7. Retro Rosie Earrings, $9.99, Modcloth.com
8. Clover the Top, $39.99, Modcloth.com
9. Daily Dazzle Flat, $24.99, Modcloth.com
10. A Gloss for Words Flat, $59.99, Modcloth.com