Spring maternity clothing wish list
February 29, 2012
I know it's not just me... it is so hard to find affordable, trendy maternity clothing! Would I love to shop at a Pea in the Pod? Yes. Do I have $50 to spend on a blouse? No. I am only going to wear it for a few months, and there's no guarantee that I'll be getting pregnant again, so spending a fortune is out of the question.
Trying to find cute maternity clothes on a budget has been a hassle, so I've mostly been shopping sales at Motherhood Maternity (mostly the Pea in the Pod stuff), Old Navy, and The Gap.
With spring on the way, I'm keeping my eyes out for cute, affordable dresses, tunics, and tops. Once it gets hot, I know that's what I'll be most comfortable in. Here are some of the items on my wish list for spring at prices that I can actually afford.
I just want to have this whole outfit, please (from gap.com). Here are a couple of options for recreating it:
On the model:
- Graphic Tank, Old Navy, $14.94 - I need tanks for those super hot days!
- MAMA top, H&M, $9.95 - In black, white, and red, this tee is perfect for everyday and layering.
I'd feel comfortable in both of these dresses, and the sweater is perfect for covering up once the sun goes down.
- 3/4 Sleeve Side Ruched Maternity Dress, Motherhood, $29.99 (sale)
- Maternity Color-Blocked Maxi Dresses, Old Navy, $35.00
- Long Sleeve Back Interest Maternity Cardigan, Motherhood, $24.99
If you're willing to spend a little more and want something cute, check out Asos maternity. I just discovered their maternity line and fell in love. They have a decent sale section, but nothing I wanted was in my size... Anyway, I thought it worth mentioning.